I went water bottle hunting. It took a little while. I sat with my cell phone in a camping chair at Dick's Sporting Goods and started calling companies. I hope you can find my research helpful. If you have found a great water bottle safe for corn allergic folks, please share!
- Nathan's water bottles' straw is made out of polyethanol. Ethanol is made of corn.
- Nalgene water bottles contain polypropylene which MAY be made from corn.
- Sigg refuses to say what their lining is made from; Sissy is way too sensitive to take a chance on a mystery lining.
- Camelbak is totally safe and reasonably priced!
They have both metal and plastic - which is actually a form of polyester and is BPA free.
- Klean Kanteen is made from 18/8 Stainless Steel and has no lining. The cap has polypropylene, but not on a part which touches the water. Safe for people with a corn allergy.